- In o365, click New and users get 3 options. Which option should I use?
- I think you’ll say the 3rd one. The new one. I think Microsoft should bold the 3rd one and move it to the top. Right?
- Are the first 2 basically the same, with the 2nd one giving more extensibility?
- Do you think those first 2 legacy choices should be combined?
- If not I’d change the name of the 2nd option from “Web Part Page” to “Wiki Page with Layout options”
- Do you think the 3rd option “Site Page” should be renamed to “Modern Page”
- In general marketing terms I think “web part” is dated and they have a bad history – call the new ones “widgets” please
With Microsoft Team iPad App, the “Files” tab navigates the users to their browser (Safari), it should have a “Safari” icon to make it clearer:
On SharePoint “Region” settings page, we have the “standard date format” which follows “Locale” setting…
…but we need a “Friendly” format option too, same like “date type” column:
So that users can have consistent date format.
When SharePoint cannot talk to configuration database, provide a customized error message rather than the default Runtime Error.
We don’t mind the detailed error message shows in the ugly yellow background page, but the default 500 error message should be better.[This is as per Do you use a customized error page to handle an unhandled error occurs on your website?]
Currently, to see who is the author of a library/list like the above, we have two options:
- Use SharePoint Manager
- Use PowerShell
Both of them are not straightforward, and you have to log on to the server to use either of them.
It costs a few mins and many clicks (not countable) to find out…
The info could be simply exposed to the “list Information” page (can be collapsed by default if there are too much info):
In SharePoint 2016 Preview and Office 365, this has not been improved.
When I create a new SharePoint page, I want the generated URL to automatically ignore symbols like apostrophes, commas etc.
E.g. Do you conduct a “test please” internally and then with the client? should become www.yoursite.com/do-you-conduct-a-test-please-internally-and-then-with-the-client