Please make Teams work nicely for those that have OCD :-)
- If I delete a message. I am OK with seeing “This message has been deleted” for a little while
But then I want an option to get rid of it. Eg. a cross “x” to get rid of that too
- If I delete a message, I want the thread deleted too (see red arrow below)
- If I install a bot, ask for some help, then realize I didn’t like it. I now want it *all* gone.
Currently, I can remove the bot, and my own message to the bot, just not the 2 message from the bot (see below)
I’m not sure if you’ll agree with this but I thought I’d pass it on.
My personal assistant Joanna is reluctantly moving off Skype.
What should her first experience be? Should ‘Chat’ have a list of names even before chatting to anyone?
She just pinged me and said:
Okay, I’ve switched from Skype to Teams. I’ve been added to the team called “SSW”. When I go to chat to someone, I expect to see all the people in those teams. I feel like I am starting afresh and almost need to add all my Skype contacts again manually. This is not the starting experience I expected.
Figure: Joanna’s first experience is this… no names…
[Also posted at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19527574-help-me-move-off-skype-auto-add-the-contacts]
- In o365, click New and users get 3 options. Which option should I use?
- I think you’ll say the 3rd one. The new one. I think Microsoft should bold the 3rd one and move it to the top. Right?
- Are the first 2 basically the same, with the 2nd one giving more extensibility?
- Do you think those first 2 legacy choices should be combined?
- If not I’d change the name of the 2nd option from “Web Part Page” to “Wiki Page with Layout options”
- Do you think the 3rd option “Site Page” should be renamed to “Modern Page”
- In general marketing terms I think “web part” is dated and they have a bad history – call the new ones “widgets” please
Figure: Confusion will ensure here…
[Also posted at https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/330318-sharepoint-administration/suggestions/19505032-help-me-create-a-new-page]
Dear Microsoft Teams,
I’d love to do less clicking… seeing nothing… and then going back.
E.g. An example of that kind of frustration would be clicking on “Files” (when there is nothing in that folder) then seeing nothing and going back.
Can you change the iPhone mobile app to show the number of items by default?
[Also posted at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19504897-help-me-do-less-clicking-by-showing-number-of-item]
Dear Microsoft Teams Team
You might have already thought about this, but I find myself wanting to notify everyone in the team… so intuitively I just want to type ‘all’
Suggestion: We should be able to use @team or @all instead of typing out the current team’s name.
Figure: Here I would prefer to type “@team” instead of the team name “@Mark & Adam”
[This was also posted at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19504651-help-me-be-able-to-use-team-in-microsoft-teams-a]
Dear TFS Team
It goes without saying I’d like other Microsoft products to work in a similar way.
The most pressing would be TFS work items.
Figure: Here I would love to be able to address the whole team with “@team”
After clicking “Save this message”, I want to be able to filter to that. E.g. Hover over “Conversations” and filter to “Conversations (Saved)”
Similar to how you can on the “Notes” tab:
[Also posted at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19504717-saving-and-filtering-saved-messages]
With Microsoft Team iPad App, the “Files” tab navigates the users to their browser (Safari), it should have a “Safari” icon to make it clearer:
Figure: Add browser icon so it’s clear for the user
VS2017 exception dialog is missing one button – please add a “Search Stack Overflow” button.
The new exception dialog in VS2017 is much neater. Thank you. It only needs a “Search StackOverflow” button to be perfect!
Also at https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/18013423-vs2017-exception-dialog-is-missing-one-button-pl
I would like to have a version history of videos edits. This way it’s possible to see what was changed and when.
Figure: Where YouTube should include the video history
Figure: Good example – Wikipedia provides the changes history for each article
On reporting data, can we have 2 more:
- Who is searching the most
- Who is deleting the most